Monday, January 02, 2006

Cupid in action

There he was, sitting right across the table, with ruffled hair and gleaming eyes. He was dressed in jeans, a white T-shirt and a white and blue, stripped shirt over it. I was in one of my favorite black spaghetti straps and pink jeans with a black shawl carefully wrapped ‘carelessly’ around my neck. I had on a pendent with shimmering grey stones that shone in the semi darkness. The light from the candle, the neat little restaurant, tasty food, him, sitting there, savoring the food, his occasional chatter about things that he had either read or heard of, with a pinch of simplicity, a teaspoon of practicality and in a ‘I know it, I am the creator of this theory and I’m confident about it’ tone…for a while life seemed too complete and too perfect to be true.

This would be our last dinner together and as I sat looking at the Man who sat right across from me, I simply couldn’t help wondering…
What could it be?? ......

He always looks around curiously like a young feline, alert and passionate for details- Could that be it?, I wonder!

His thirst for knowledge and perfection that motivates me to be better…Could that be it?

The way he sometimes blurts things that could annoy me and once done, the way he looks at me with searching eyes to know if I’m hurt….

The way he cares for me, holds me tight and walks me through life…..

Our never ending tussles over EVERYTHING…..

He, pacifying me after a strenuous fight…

He not doing it sometimes…

The Parent in him, who chides me all day…

The Child in him that’s too angelic and sweet at times and driving me crazy at other times...

The Man; who makes me want to have him alllll to myself alwaysss…

The way he yells…

His silence…like the deep sea…

His smile, that makes me forget everything that’s unpleasant …

He being my best friend and faithful companion…

The way he simply melts my problems into nothing, by his mere presence…

CandleLightDinner

I could keep thinking all day about him, about things that I like in him and new things that I discover everyday and fall in love with….but, what could it be…??

‘Hey, what are you thinking??’ he asked, with that trillion dollar smile of his. I simply nodded and smiled, but kept thinking as we had our last dinner of 2005 together! ;-)

What is it that holds me hostage?? What is it that has cast a spell and made me his? What is it that makes me fall head long in love, over and over again with this ‘stranger’? I know not….but I shall definitely wait to see him again, for him to hold me tight, to melt my problems into nothing and for us to have our first dinner of 2006 together!

Can life be any more perfect than it is?

Dedicated to HIM, of course!! ;-)



Blogroll Me!





-->