Friday, December 31, 2004

Easy to make and …..break!

At the wake of yet another New Year, I’ve decided to make some resolutions! I, like most people, have this habit of making resolutions at the onset of every year and like most people, I invariably break them by the end of the year. I should admit that not a single one of my resolutions has stood the test of time till now! :

If I remember right, I fell into this habit of making New Year resolutions when I was in class IV.The cousin who inculcated this ‘priceless’ habit in me, had come down to spend the Christmas hols with us, that year. He is elder to me by 2 years and has been the all time favorite (among all my cousins) with my parents. He used to be a lively lad, and never stopped asking questions to my Dad. He had questions to ask about everything that he set eyes on. I, of course, had no choice but to tag along and listen to what my Father had to say- although I had not the faintest intention of knowing how our car worked (as long as it worked and we could go out on Sundays) or how dogs see at night (in any case I was scared of dogs and would never dare to go near one at night. So it would never see me anyways!…or so I thought).

He was due to leave in a day or two and I was definitely pleased with the idea because I would again have my Parent’s attention all to myself. That morning, I saw him sitting at the edge of the couch, with a tiny book and a pen, scribbling something busily. He had a very serious look on his face .His spectacles had slid down his nose and was barely clinging on. He didn’t seem to mind that very much and was immersed in his work. He wore a neat white T-shirt and a pair of shorts (As a matter of fact, my cloths were seldom white, because none of them managed to retain the original color in spite of my Mother's devoted effort to help them stay clean and white )He reminded me of Dilton (the geek among the Archies) I went closer and peered into his little note book, and I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that he was jotting down his resolutions for the coming year. That’s when I decided to start making resolutions myself. In spite of all the jealousy that’s natural among children of that age, I guess I admired him for the way he religiously kept track of details and went about figuring out things.

I wonder what my cousin would make of this blog if he happens to read it :D….!By the way, coming to the crux of the issue, my set of resolutions for this year has a difference. I’m sure u didn’t expect me to let out any of my resolutions, but, I’ve decided to take you into the private realm of my mind and show you the resolution that’s right on top of the list.

NO MORE NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS IF I CANNOT STICK TO THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS THIS YEAR!

I only hope I’ll stick to this one…..



Blogroll Me!





-->