Tuesday, January 11, 2005

How a Shutterbug took me on a Joy ride to Lillyput…

Although I do annoy people at times, I seldom annoy them by forwarding junk e-mails. I’m not habituated to passing on forwards. I avoid doing that as a matter of principle (Ok, I confess, the truth is I don’t have the patience for it).

If you had asked them a few weeks back, my Friends and Colleagues would have vouched for what I told you just now about my tendency with regards to forwarding mails (not forwarding mails, rather). Not any more! :(

Not so long ago (read ‘a few weeks back’ ), I was completely blindfolded by an e-mail I received and sent it across to many people in haste, claiming that this is one of the most interesting pieces of info I’ve ever come across.

THE e-mail …for your perusal....

Recent exploration activity in the northern region of India uncovered a skeletal remains of a human of phenomenal size. This region of the Indian desert is called the Empty Quarter. The discovery was made by National Geographic Team (India Division) with support from the Indian Army since the area comes under the jurisdiction of the Army.

The exploration team also found tablets with inscriptions that stated that our Gods of Indian mythological yore, "Brahma" had created people of phenomenal size the like of which He has not created since. They were very tall, big, and very powerful, such that they could put their arms around a tree trunk and uproot it. They were created to bring order among us since we were always fighting with each other. One of the sons of Bhima of the Pandava brothers is also thought of to have been carrying these genes. Later these people, who were given all the power, turned against all our Gods, and transgressed beyond all boundaries set. As a result they were destroyed by God Shiva.The Geo Exploration team believes these to be the remains of those people. Govt. of India has secured the whole area and no one is allowed to enter except the Nat Geo personnel. A very small article on this was published in TOI Mumbai edition on 22-Apr-2004. See the attachment and note the size of the two men standing in the picture in comparison to the size of the skeleton!!

There was a snap attached to this mail. Whatever was captured in that snap was absolutely incredible. There were 2 men digging out a massive skeleton. The men looked like those little humans from Lilliput, considering the size of the Skeleton (the Massive Gulliver)

‘Smart’ me…I was thrilled. I had never seen anything like this before. I just couldn’t contain myself and immediately forwarded it to all my Friends and Colleagues. In less than an hour, one of the smart guys to whom I had sent the mail had done a bit of digging on this and had come out with the truth.

This is a snap that had been taken for a Photoshop contest (the title being ‘Archeological Anomalies’). It’s a proof of the photographic skills of some freak. Its so picturesque that its deceiving. All I could do was give people a sheepish smile! :D

Since you’ve come this far, do take a look at this sensational SNAP that completely fooled me out of my wits!

There’s one more STORY of this sort floating round, with this snap as the pivot.

By the way, if I’ve missed out mentioning it before…good job shutterbug!! :)



Blogroll Me!





-->