Monday, January 24, 2005

Heady Totter

I was thoroughly excited about this because I had never done this before. I couldn’t stop smiling and I was all set for the excitement to begin.

The minute it started, I was convinced that this is by far the worst mistake that I’ve ever made. The momentum increased slowly. It kept increasing and seemed to go on forever. My head started reeling and my stomach was churning badly.

Before long, there was a sharp pain on the left side of my neck because, my whole self had remained tilted at varying angles, all of them uncomfortably away from normal, for quite a while. It felt like I was in a flying saucer out in the sky and the saucer was out of control, wobbling from side to side.

The fluffy pink cotton candy, the sweet popcorn, H2O and everything seemed to be getting mixed up inside me. At one point I even thought I would get thrown out of this frantically wobbling horrendous object (am definitely too young to die…) I found myself wishing that this would stop and I would be on level grounds once again.

It finally slowed down and came to a halt. I was out of it, my head still reeling and my legs weak from all the rotation about multiple axes at varying points in the past 10 minutes or so. My throat was sour and that’s when I realized that I had been screeching all the while

It was terrific…my first ride on the tornado at a fair that I had been to yesterday. I just loved it and am waiting to be on it again. Hey..I’ve still not told you what happened after I got off that scary wobbler. I slowly started feeling better and in a few minutes I was atop the Giant wheel, all my shadowy fears dispersing into nothing. :)



Blogroll Me!





-->